Thursday, January 29, 2009

YES FOLKS, IT'S A BOY!

January 29, 2009
Today was the big day! The Schulz' are having a BOY!

It all started at our fourteen week ultrasound. The specialist asked us if we were planning to find out what the sex of the baby was and we said yes. I love surprises, but I really want to be all prepared with a perfect little boy's nursery and clothes. So, out of no where she asks, "Do you want to know now?"

My heart shot to my throat and was beating furiously. I was all prepared to go in at 20 weeks and find out, but this was over a month early. Ernie's response was, and I quote, "heck yes."

Up until this point I had been feeling like maybe it was a girl and Ern had been thinking maybe a boy. Then she showed us a screen shot and said she was pretty sure it was a boy. We both started crying and all I heard out of Ernie were phrases like, "that's my boy" and "Go head, I have a son."

On the way home we called our parents and told them, which of course was a really great moment. However, when I did a little research I found out that it is next to impossible to know for sure at 14 wks what the sex is. At that point we decided to try and stay open and that we would wait for the 20 week confirmation to share the news with everyone.

Today we got that confirmation! (complete with an arrow)

This picture tells the full story. Hopefully our son won't be too disgruntled when he finds out we put his business out there to all our friends and family to see. I will post more of the ultrasound photos once I get them scanned, but oh my, he is so cute and funny. He even had the specialist laughing. He's active and all of his measurements and readings were very healthy! Praise God.

13 comments:

Schulzie Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sundy said...

This is the most blessed baby boy in the whole world! I am celebrating with you... joy, joy, joy! :)) Yeah God!

And, to the proud new Father of a Baby Boy.... I'd like to say Your JOY IS MADE COMPLETE! :))) Congratulations to my favorite Schulz family!

Love and Baby Kisses!

Mrs Desh said...

Yea! Congrats you guys, we're so happy for you. Did you pick out a name yet??

Trisha Ingram said...

Hallelujah for the miracle of life! Congratulations and blessings to you both!!! That boy is gonna have 2 great, Godly parents. Love y'all!

Ben Reavis said...

My new cousin!!!! Yes I'll have someone to beat up and throw around in a loving way! Love both of yall and I'm excited for yall!

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! I really can't contain myself right now... I'm so happy for you guys. Now we're gonna have a little Gunter & a little Kris running around. I smell trouble.

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! Praise God! Congratulations on this miracle and wonder of life. Can't wait to meet your boy. Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Too Funny!!!! And the rest of my words are drowned out by my laughter! too funny...love you guys
Jess "the shultz sister" Gilland

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and Ernie! I am leaping with JOY! Looking at his parents, I know that this little guy is going to do great and amazing things for the Lord! Woohoo!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on baby boy schulzie, Tell him aunite LaDonna said hi. I think his first word should be MIX POWER!

love ya

LaDonna

betsega said...

congratulations!
that's gonna be one CUTE baby!

Unknown said...

That is soo great!! I can see what you are doing with your free time...miss creative! Can't wait to see the baby boy!

flinx777 said...

Haha! Congrats! It's a lot of fun...you're going to love it.