When Ernie and I got married we knew we wanted to wait a few years before we started cookin' up a bun in the oven, and boy it's amazing how quickly those two years flew by. When our second summer started creeping closer, we found ourselves having the baby conversation often.
I have to admit I was nervous, excited and overwhelmed by the thought of bringing a little life into the world. However, God was moving on our hearts and by the time August came around we were ready to go!
That first month I just knew I was pregnant, we're talkin' nauseousness and everything, but alas I was not preggers. I was disappointed for about a day, but then I realized, "hey, these things take time." So, when the next month came around I tried my best not to think about whether or not I was pregnant.
Our trip to Longs to buy our handy-dandy digital hpt was quite an experience. We couldn't stop laughing and looking at each other in amazement.
The few moments it took for the test to work were some of the longest and most exciting of my life. And then...(as if by magic) the word PREGNANT just appeared. What a beautiful word.
Ernie heard me giggling and joined me. I couldn't show him the test fast enough and the next few minutes were spent hugging, laughing, crying and praising God. We were on a new journey together and we knew our lives were forever altered. Thank you Jesus for baby Schulzie!


1 comments:
I love this story! I'm so excited for you guys. You're going to be wonderful parents to this little baby boy!! Congratulations! Love y'all!
Post a Comment