Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ready...Set...Go!

I'm 37 weeks today, which means my little baby boy is considered full term. So now, he can come at any time and be as healthy as can be. This is big news in the Schulz house. We have been praying, preparing and participating in all kinds of activities in the great expectation of our first child for months and months and we can hardly contain our excitement that we are so close to meeting him.

His little clothes (and I mean teeny weeny) have been washed in his special little baby soap and they are hanging up waiting to be worn, his bassinet is all assembled and waiting to be slept in, his car seat is in the car waiting to bring him safely home, the hospital bag is packed with all kinds of useful comforts and is already in the trunk.

Birthing classes have been taken, books have been read, registries have been made, showers have been attended, research has been done, blogs have been written, doctor appointments have been kept, advice has been given and received, cribs have been assembled, nursery walls have been painted, our home has been rearranged as well as our lives and all in preparation of a little tiny bundle that will soon join our lives.

Meanwhile, Jackson is in the womb all nice and toasty, unaware of all of the fuss and goings on. Little does he know that in weeks, days or maybe even hours he will be thrust into the world to began this journey of life.

The bible says, "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. Children are like arrows in a warriors hands and joyful is the man/woman whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127.

I am truly in awe. I weep even now. (yes I'm pregnant so I cry a lot) but these tears are meaningful. Jackson means "Son of a Gracious God" and how true it is. God is so gracious and so good. He gives good gifts to his children. He is giving Ernie and I the most amazing gift of family. In these last nine months God has not just allowed us to have time to prepare our home, but he has prepared our hearts.

So I say, bring on the stinky diapers, 3am feedings, and plethora of hormones. What a small sacrifice for such a huge gift from our Spiritual Daddy. Thank you Jesus!

Mommy Schulz

3 comments:

Jonnique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonnique said...

Blogger Jonnique said...

Aww! Leah your latest blog made me want to cry(pregnancy emotions,maybe). I am glad you are on top of everything and ready. My mom and mother in-law have been enabling me. Because they want to help out so much, that I have been letting them do so and have not been doing much myself. But I have decided today that I am going to start getting prepared myself...let the nesting begin!

Diana said...

Yay Jackson!